Monday 17 January 2011

I have included a range of work from the two years I have been studying interior design covering the subject areas of, technical drawing, textiles, computer aided design, glass and ceramics. My most current project is creating a design for a modern kitchen, of which I have included the mood board and mock up drawing I have done for this. The college I go to has great facilities in glass making and ceramics which is something that has been valuable to me as I have been able to learn about and work with materials that could help me when tackling projects in the future. In my portfolio I have included two sketches; one was a quick marker pen sketch which I did on an educational visit to Birmingham and the other I did using a graphite pencil in my own time. I enjoy the technical drawing aspect of interior design, but I do enjoy sitting and doing rough sketches/mock ups too. 
I am interested in this programme because I want to learn how to take a space and turn it into somewhere inspiring and somewhere people will remember to make a difference. I want to learn new skills and new approaches, and overall enhance my knowledge and understanding of interior design to springboard me on to being able to work in industry, which I think the live projects that this course offers would help me with.
I am a hardworking, reliable and ambitious person and hope to work within an interior design company learning the trade whilst travelling and working across the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment